Rogue River Vacation Information - Oregon Vacations
Considering a vacation to Southern Oregon? Let Rogue River Country help you understand the outdoor recreational opportunities available to you on your Southern Oregon Vacation. Within these pages you will find not only what to see and where to go but contacts for many top notch outdoor recreation providers. If your interests are river rafting or river Salmon Fishing or perhaps casting a fly for a Summer Steelhead on a famous steelhead fishing river, need camping information we have it all.
Oregon Coast Vacations
Activities: Whitewater Tour Boat River Ride, fish the river for King Salmon or Winter Steelhead on the Elk River or Fly Fishing for Summer Steelhead on the North Umpqua River. Try Whitewater River Rafting on the federally designated Wild and Scenic Rogue or Umpqua River. Hike one of the 12 National Wilderness Areas. Walk on a secluded Oregon beach at sunrise or watch the sunset into the Pacific Ocean. Here on the Oregon Coast we have entirely publicly owned beaches, one of only two states that can say this, the other is Hawaii.
Oregon Coast Vacations
Port of Gold Beach at the mouth of the Rogue
Southern Oregon Vacation Attractions
- • 2 National Parks in Crater Lake National Park and Redwood National Park on the Northern California Coast.
- • 2 National Monuments in the Caves National Monument and Soda Mountain National Monument.
- • 3 Federal Wildlife Refuges, the Oregon Coast National Wildlife Refuge, Bandon Marsh National Wildlife Refuge and the vast Klamath National Wildlife Refuge.
- • 14 Federally Designated Wilderness Areas
- • 8 Federally Designated Wild and Scenic Rivers
- • 2 National Recreation Areas, Oregon Coast Dunes National Recreation Area and Smith River National Recreation Area
- • 6 National Forests to visit on Oregon Vacations
Rogue River National Forest ~ Siskiyou National Forest ~ Umpqua National Forest ~ Winema National Forest ~ Siuslaw National Forest~ Sixes River National Forest
- • Oregon Beaches; There are only two states with public beaches Oregon & Hawaii. You will find the Oregon Coast has 363 miles of public beach to explore and romp in Rogue Country.
- • Ocean Sports Fishing and Whale Watching Fish for Salmon, Tuna, Halibut and Bottom fish with your Oregon Vacations.
- • Freshwater Salmon & Steelhead Fishing in River on the Rogue ~ Chetco River ~ Elk River ~ Sixes River ~ Coquille River ~ Coos Bay ~ Umpqua River
- • Whitewater River Rafting
Southern Oregon Coast Vacations
There are great opportunities to find secluded beaches along the southern Oregon coastline for perfect hiking opportunities. Enjoy Clamming, Tide-pooling and Dungeness crabbing which are all popular Southern Oregon Coast Vacation activities. Wind Surfing is popular throughout the summer months all along the Southern Oregon Coast. Visit one of the many operating Lighthouses along the coast or take in Kite Flying festivals found at many of our local communities.
Headland Hiking Trails run nearly the entire Southern Oregon coastline and inland many hiking opertunites from the Sky-Line Trail to the Rogue River Trail. Bird Watching Trail systems are now being developed. For hiking options see our link to Oregon Coast hiking trails. Visit our Oregon Bird Watching page for Bird Watching opportunities.
Camping and Whitewater River Rafting.
What better way to bring friends and family's together but a fun, active Southern Oregon camping and Rogue River Rafting trip? The Rogue River offers guests a travel experience they will never forget. Southern Oregon the River runs through it.